Friday, August 11, 2006

Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon

I was tired after a hard day's work (ha!), and sat down in my futon and looked for something nice to relax me. I looked in my iTunes library, and found Neil Diamond's Greatest Hits, and just listened to this lovely song "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon". I've always been a big Neil Diamond fan. I'm also a big Joe Jackson fan. Which is a bit of a contradiction in terms, but that's me!
Anyways, I always liked the early Neil Diamond stuff - "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon", "Kentucky Woman", "Soolaimon". These songs always make me feel good. You'll find samples of the songs on the amazon website.
You'll find in the wikipedia article a listing of the chart position of his singles and plenty of interesting trivia (like how much was the divorce settlement he gave his ex-wife)
And another thing - the song "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" was featured in Pulp Fiction. It's the music that Mia (Uma Thurman) puts on when she & Vincent Vega (John Travolta) get back to her house. But in the movie, it's the "Urge Overkill" version of the song (which sounds just as good as the Neil Diamond version as far as I'm concerned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment