Thursday, August 17, 2006

September Morn

... well, August morn, actually. But this morning had a real feel of autumn about it. In the South of Europe, and in the North of Europe too, August is a real hot summer month. But in Ireland, it brings the first taste of autumn. There is a crispness to the air, the mornings are cooler, and the leaves are starting to turn on some trees (or maybe that's just because July has been so dry?).

It's lovely and sunny now. And we're sitting outside in the back garden, for our post-lunch break. But the heat has gone out of the sun. I'm not complaining. After a few days of grey skies and rain, I'm glad to be sitting out. Willow is doing floppies in the lawn. He's obviously still finding it warm, with his big furry coat. He's just jumped from the table, where he was sitting just behind my laptop, trying to get my attention. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to sit on the keyboard. Like all cats, Willow can't bear for something else to be the centre of attention - he loves sitting on newspapers that we're trying to read, or sitting in my lap while I'm typing at the computer, rubbing his face against my hands. Not easy when you're touch-typing!

Anyways, did you know that September Morn was a collaboration between Neil Diamond and Gilbert Bécaud? There is a French version of the song, to the same tune, called "C'est en Septembre". You learn something new every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment