Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Meanwhile in Kachigawa

I'm always jumping from one thing to the next, but one thing I keep coming back to is my virtual sketching in Kachigawa.


Not only am I enjoying my virtual walks around the Kachigawa 5-chome neighbourhood, but I'm finding peace in a very simple layout. I would have thought of myself as an open-layout sketcher, but the contained layouts I discovered while doing Liz Steel's Sketchbook Design online class have become my favourites at the moment. I use masking tape to frame my sketch, add text vertically or horizontally. And then a line of colour swatches, and I'm happy. I did explore headings and borders during the course, but I'm not very good at them, so I feel my pages are more successful when I keep them simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment