Sunday, March 14, 2021

Beara - distant mountains

I keep coming back to the sky and the mountains, don't I! I could play with thumbnails forever. I really get into the flow when I do these. The obstacle I need to overcome is how to do these faster so I still have time to do a 'proper painting' when I'm done with these, I'm still full of energy and enthusiasm and I'm not overthinking.

So what I think I need to do is just move to quarter sheet now, fail miserably, do more thumbnails to figure out the parts when things go wrong, and then quickly move up to half sheet without time to think further. It worked for my previous painting. And it will work for this one too! In the meantime, I have these little happy scenes!


Phthalo Blue (Green Shade) over a first layer of Cobalt Blue does make those mountains pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment