Friday, March 26, 2021

A little gouache break

Sometimes, I just need to remind myself that art is play for me. I don't have commercial ambitions. I just like to paint for the joy the process gives me, not for an end result to be appreciated by others. But sometimes, I forget and I push towards more serious goals. Nothing wrong with that. Except that I can be competitive. And not just with myself!! Now it's all coming out!! Not something I'm proud of !

So a little fun break with the Queen of gouache, Maru Godas, on the Domestika platform, was just what I needed. Oh don't worry, watercolour will always be my first love, but I just love Maru's beautiful illustration style and I had heard lots of good things about this course.

So here is what I'm playing with at the moment!




I love how Maru Godas paints trees - and it's something I want to explore more for urban sketching. I'm playing with a mix of gouaches that I've had in a drawer for a while now. Always good to use up the old art supplies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment