Saturday, March 27, 2021

Beara - The end of the road?

I think I've been here before, haven't I? I love everything about this painting, except the composition with the road to nowhere!! Someone I know would probably call it self-sabotage. I'll call it part of the journey! Even though I painted this on half sheet! It didn't take that long, apart from the 20 thumbnails and quarter sheet explorations! Actually I painted this in exactly the same amount of time as a quarter sheet. Just used a bigger brush and had to keep a close eye on paint drying in different parts, but it's helped me gain confidence in painting larger! And that is a very important part of the journey for me, to overcome that fear of painting big!


I haven't decided what to do with it yet - I could paint more vegetation where that curve of the road looks wrong. In my experience that rarely ends well. Or I could crop it. But there's no turning back once that's done!! I should really play with it in Procreate, but I haven't had the time to learn it yet. And, strangely, part of me likes it the way it is although that makes absolutely no sense at all!

Here are various options I'm looking at:

Crop 1





Crop 2



And a couple of close-ups in parts that I absolutely adore!!







No comments:

Post a Comment