Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Gouache with Maru Godas

You can see that my mind is jumping from one thing to the next, don't you? It's hard for me to focus on one thing to explore at the best of times. But there is a restlessness in me at the moment. I'm not the only one, I know. In my case, it expresses itself in constantly wanting to explore different artforms. I don't normally paint in gouache. But I had heard so much about Maru Godas's wonderful Domestika class that I wanted to have a look. This will be great for days when I don't have the energy to do much else - I have a busy few weeks ahead, so whenever I need relaxation, I will be mixing gouache and playing with colour schemes. For now, just black and white, which looks pretty boring in my photos, but is actually quite exciting in reality, working from thick paint to nearly just water. I'm working with Holbein Acrylic Polymer gouache (I have a small set), but I think I will enjoy traditional gouache more. For now, I just have a white and a cobalt blue in the traditional gouache. I will play with what I have. I'm not planning on making a big investment in a new medium! Watercolour is still my first love!




In this one, below I used a different brand of Titanium White -  a Schmincke Horadam traditional gouache I had already. Very different consistency from the Holbein acrylic polymer gouache I have in my set.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment