Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Beara - trees

I'm continuing with my thumbnail exploration - I wanted to figure out how to do the trees in the distance. They are pretty central to the scene, as the road bends there and they provide a human-sized focus in this big landscape. The interesting thing about these specific trees is that they are quite healthy-looking and lush, in what is otherwise a pretty bare landscape with empty fields extending into the valley. They are not your typical scraggy West-of-Ireland bent-into-the-wind trees.


But the trees I have painted here don't look like they belong in a West-of-Ireland landscape My conclusion is that every tree has its own personality and I need to pay closer attention to that. So off I go with a pen or marker and explore some more. Mmm. This journey is going to take a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment