Thursday, March 11, 2021

Bicycles under the bridge

I have so many more views of Kachigawa I want to explore. When you're a sketcher, everything is beautiful. And I'm finding that virtual sketching is helping me to decide what I want to focus on and create a story in two or three images rather than packing everything into one big rambling sketch. So this view is under an elevated railway station, and there are lots of bicycles parked under the arches. I couldn't get a really close look, but it seemed to me that none of the bicycles had a lock on them. Only in Japan! 
And looking across the dual carriageway, I could see these beautiful houses. One of them has a lovely green roof. It's a pity they are so close to the road. Well, there are a lot of big roads and elevated carriageways criss-crossing the area. Which, in my eyes, makes it even more special when I see an old house with a traditional roof, tucked in, but standing out in its elegance.

This is the double spread in my sketchbook:

And close-ups:




No comments:

Post a Comment