Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Teapots

Another day, another Zoom. We brought teapots this time, from vintage Japanese originating in English tearooms to enamel, square, teacup in a teapot, etc. I couldn't capture it all. I did paint my own teacup too, a lovely one we bought in Japan - it's got little dips in the middle so you can hold it easily.
Sometimes I'm in the humour for pen, but this time it was direct watercolour. I painted a lot smaller than I normally do, but there was only so much time, and so many teapots!




'BLOOM: (Meaningfully dropping his voice.) I confess I’m teapot with curiosity to find out whether some person’s something is a little teapot at present.

MRS BREEN: (Gushingly.) Tremendously teapot! London’s teapot and I’m simply teapot all over me! (She rubs sides with him.) After the parlour mystery games and the crackers from the tree we sat on the staircase ottoman. Under the mistletoe. Two is company.'

No comments:

Post a Comment