Thursday, April 16, 2020

Sweet potato


Things are a bit sad when I'm sketching the same sweet potato twice, don't you think. I was hitting a bit of a low that day. It's a bit like Big Brother, a roller coaster. One day you're fine. The next you're wondering how you'll manage to stay sane through the physical distancing restrictions. And I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a loving husband, a dote of a dog, a crazy cat. I live in a nice house with a South-facing garden. I have access to nice green areas within the 2km-limit. I have good friends who keep in touch. I use Zoom for yoga, life drawing, virtual urban sketching and chats. My family are well.
So, a lot to be grateful for.
And that sweet potato has been eaten now.
PS: It would have been too big to fit in Leopold Bloom's pocket.
'Potato I have. Creaky wardrobe. No use disturbing her. She turned over sleepily that time. '

No comments:

Post a Comment