Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Amsterdam


I'm very much in experimenting mode at the moment, trying different styles and techniques. Hopefully something good will come out of it, but I have come to the conclusion that now is not the time for me to paint a masterpiece. For that, I need a stronger energy. I am in good form, but these are not normal times, and I am not feeling the joy that comes to me when I'm out sketching or plein air painting, be it in Dublin or anywhere else in the world. So, rather than trying to battle it, I have decided to go with the flow. I came across a photo I took in Amsterdam last year, during the Urban Sketchers Symposium (and the heat wave - oh, I would love a bit of heat on my bones right now!). And it brought back lots of happy memories, so I decided to paint a happy painting. Including boats, cars and bicycles!!
This is not how I see myself painting, but you know what, I'm happy with it! Just because I actually included the boats and cars and bicycles!

No comments:

Post a Comment