Monday, November 04, 2019

Travel Sketches

I brought a small A5 landscape Moleskine sketchbook with me on my last trip to Belgium. Since we got Sumi, our routine has been disrupted and I haven't sketched as much, so it was a great opportunity to get away for 3 days and sketch lots and lots. Not all successfully, but I just enjoyed the practise, not worrying too much about the result!

Airports and trains. Best way to make it bearable to get up at 3 am for a 6:30 flight!




I had brought minimum supplies - a tiny fold-up set of Viviva Coloursheets which I got in the Symposium goodie bag in Amsterdam, which proved too bright for the location and time of the year,

and a tiny tiny tin of half-pans with a few interesting colours, Cascade Green, Goethite, Phthalo Turquoise, Piemontite Genuine and Aureolin Yellow, which were just right for Autumn in Belgium

And I did get to practise drawing cars, as I was early for an appointment and was waiting in a car park

Sleeping subjects

And even my feet, resting on a bin. I wasn't wearing green trousers - just jeans. But when you have no blue in your palette, you have to be inventive.

The Wednesday was a beautiful day. Temperature went up to 20 celsius. Great opportunity to sketch in the garden.

This is the view of my childhood - I spent so many wq7uaq6 days looking out towards the neighbouring field and woods. Well, now, the trees have been cut, and some of them make for a nice element in my sketches98 (typos due to Sumi walking all over my keyboard!).


And I also sketched on our walk around the village, the local church!

And even the view across the way, while sitting on the terrace enjoying the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment