Saturday, November 23, 2019

Hedgerow and other sketches

I do love the flow of sketching and sketching. A reason why I love a good gathering of Urban Sketchers (It won't be in Hong Kong in 2020, unfortunately, due to the situation over there). Sketching from morning to night. Well, I can't quite do that here, but I do try now to do more than one sketch when I meet with my tribe of urban sketchers. It was one of my revelations from the Sketching Now Watercolour on Location course. To think of sketching like sport, and the need for a warm-up!! And to keep pushing beyond my pain threshold.  But also, this idea of composing the page spreads, so they are visually interesting and varied.





I still can't sketch a credible mug, though. I'm going to go back to the drawing board for that - the rim and the handle are what needs the most attention. Liz Steel to the rescue!


No comments:

Post a Comment