Thursday, November 07, 2019

A few more random sketches

And then, after a month of madness with the new kitten, I catch a cold, and I struggle even more to keep up with my life!! So all I've managed recently are these sketches and watercolour experiments at home. These are all in an A5 Hahnemühle Akademie Aquarell sketchbook. It has potential, but the paper behaves strangely with watercolour. It's like it's piling a bit, and the paper texture looks quite mechanical. But then there are some nice watercolour effects. I probably need to experiment with it more. Or just move back to the sketchbooks I know and love! Life is too short!

All the landscape views here were done from photos or from imagination, except my pencil case, my mug, my cat and my hand. Not my favourite way of working, but I'm stuck at home with a cough, so beggars can't be choosers. And it's still better than doing nothing!














No comments:

Post a Comment