Sunday, November 17, 2019

Grafton Street - Dubray Books


We're getting into the time of the year when we're looking for indoor locations. Important when you live in a country where November is cool, damp and windy. So I headed to the café at the top of Dubray Books on Grafton Street. The last time I was there, last winter probably, it was full of students who were treating it like their college library, taking up all the good seats for hours on end. But it was quiet on this occasion. So I had a nice window seat overlooking Grafton Street, and the flower sellers. Right across the way was this beautifully ornate building which gave me an opportunity to try out the Lumocolor Permanent pencil and the Uniball Signo broad white pen!

As you can see, I'm trying to play with the page layout more, after doing Liz Steel's Sketching Now Watercolour On Location online course. I'm not great with frames. Need to practise!!

And when you're sketching from the cosiness of a café, you have to consume, of course - toasted scone is not something you come across much, but this was pretty as well as delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment