Thursday, November 14, 2019

Experiments

Keeping whites in a sketch is really difficult - in a full watercolour, you can use masking fluid (although I rarely do!). But there isn't the time to wait for the latex to dry when out sketching. And it pulls the fibre off the paper anyway. I tried three different techniques from Liz Steel's Sketching Now On Location: 1: using masking tape (pulled the fibre off the paper, in this sketchbook anyway, which is not my usual one); 2: using a Lumocolor Permanent white pencil - keeps the whites nicely, a natural effect, would be lovely for silver birches - but you have to remember to draw with it before you apply your paint!!; 3: Uniball Signo broad pen - fantastic tool. It's going to become my tool of choice for windows in Georgian houses! Note that it is the broad version of the pen, the standard one never seems to work for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment