Sunday, November 03, 2019

National Library of Ireland

One of our Dublin Sketchers knew someone who works in the National Library, and got us exclusive access to the reading room on a Sunday afternoon. So lucky! Normally, you can't even bring a pen in there, just pencil, and no photography is allowed. That's what I love so much about urban sketching - you get in to all the cool places!!
I bit more than I could chew, I have to say. Although I had a plan on how to sketch the domed ceiling (thank you Stephanie Bower and your book on perspective!!), I kind of lost the run of myself, but I could not not try it!

I drew in watercolour pencil and fountain pen. And added water after I got home.

And when I couldn't concentrate on the beautiful ceiling anymore, I sketched the sketchers and various detail elements!



No comments:

Post a Comment