Saturday, March 09, 2019

St Teresa's Clarendon Street

This one was playing on my mind, so I had to have another go - a beautiful courtyard with a café right in the centre of the city, and I never knew it existed! Lots of people coming out of Clarendon Church the whole time - I read somewhere that it's one of the busiest churches in the country. A couple of things that jar to my eye, but overall it was a very satisfying sketch! Watercolour pencil and watercolour.


And here is my Ulysses quote:
Smells of men. Spat-on sawdust, sweetish warmish cigarettesmoke, reek of plug, spilt beer, men’s beery piss, the stale of ferment.
His gorge rose.
Couldn’t eat a morsel here. Fellow sharpening knife and fork to eat all before him, old chap picking his tootles. Slight spasm, full, chewing the cud. 

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS ...AND LOVE THE QUOTE!HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE!

    ReplyDelete