Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Cows and trees


I probably need to practise drawing cows (and other animals) but I think that the little blobs of colour I painted are quite convincing - they were quite far away in the field, but I did try to observe the shapes to the best of my abilities. The first thing I painted here was the sky shape, which helped me place the barn. I then added loose vegetation while the paint was still wet, producing a soft effect. Beautiful spring light. Lifts the spirits.

And then I came back to the tree I had intended to draw in the first place.

Here is the Ulysses quote I've picked!

"Coming from the vegetarian. Only weggebobbles and fruit. Don't eat a beefsteak. If you do the eyes of that cow will pursue you through all eternity."

Cropped versions for Instagram purposes, although I have just discovered Swipeable, an app that enables me to show my long sketches as a series of shots that can be swiped!



No comments:

Post a Comment