Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Trying out pigments

I should be trying to reduce the number of pigments I use, not expand my collection of watercolour tubes. But Daniel Smith do dot sheets, which are hard to resist!

And I was inspired by fellow sketcher, Emma, who did colour charts on what was hopefully the last snow day of the winter!

And in a way, dot sheets are useful, as you get to try colours without having to spend money for a full tube. I was very tempted by Amazonite Genuine, for instance. I just liked the name. But having tried it, I'm not so sure now.

On the other hand, I had never heard of Rose or Ultramarine or Under Sea Green. But, having tried them, I think they are full of watercolour magic potential, and they are on my list for the next time I order art supplies!! Maybe just a small tube to start with!


No comments:

Post a Comment