Friday, March 23, 2018

Great Blasket View - Dún Chaoin

Another version of the same painting, in a smaller format (slightly smaller than A4). Although the sky worked out well in this one, I decided not to mention the sky in the title, as I made the house bigger, and therefore, it's more about the house itself, called Great Blasket View, and the islands in the distance, of course.


I'd like to paint a fourth version, combining the best elements of each of the three I've painted so far. But I'm not sure I've got the energy right now. One thing is for sure, though. I'm getting good at painting utility poles and power cables!

For the sky, I worked on damp, rather than wet paper, and I think that worked better for me. And I also altered my "stormy sky recipe". It's normally ultramarine blue, PV19 (quinacridone rose), Quinacridone gold. This time, I tried Monte Amiata Natural Sienna (it's a transparent pigment, unlike a traditional sienna), Potters' Pink (very light pigment in hue, but granulating), PV19 and ultramarine. It's nice to create new recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment