Saturday, March 03, 2018

Snow clouds


What do you do when you're stuck at home because of the 'snow event'?
  • Watch movies on Netflix? Check.
  • Bake bread? Check.
  • Drink a glass of wine? Check.
  • Paint? Check


The first day of the snow, the sky was amazing, so I got a couple of nice photos to work from. I wish I had more, but it had been a rough day, with my flight cancelled and all, so I didn't venture outside our estate.

So, here is one of my favourite trees on the green at the top of our estate. It's not often I get to paint snow, so I looked to Shari Blaukopf's blog for inspiration in terms of what colours to use, and I did manage to keep lots of paper without any paint at all!


2 comments:

  1. This is fab as well. Love these willow style trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! This particular one is always very slow in the spring and I always worry it's not going to come into leaf. But so far, it's survived! It's also a favourite of children, who like to hide under its cascading branches!

      Delete