Friday, January 19, 2018

Drawing the city

A quick outing while I was in town with BB. And an opportunity to do my outdoor assignment for A Drawing A Day - playing with lots of different lines.

Cranes are back in the Dublin skies, with the construction industry booming. And yet, we have a huge homeless problem. It makes no sense.

This is the Samuel Beckett Bridge, one of our newish bridges over the Liffey. Some call it the Ryanair bridge. All inspired by the traditional Irish harp of course!! I didn't do it justice.


I was interested in the shape of the little pedestrian bridge. It stands out more in the thumbnail. Maybe I should draw it in black? A few icons of the Dublin skyline in the background: Liberty Hall, the Spire, the Custom House. Don't you just love Dublin?

No comments:

Post a Comment