Friday, May 13, 2016

Lincoln Inn

Remember that little sketch I did from the National Gallery of the Lincoln Inn? Well I decided to draw the full building after all. I worked from my original sketch and from a few photos I took.
And then, I measured, and measured. I did it all by the book! Starting with the overall shape and a central vertical line was a good way to start. I did all the big shapes, including the windows, in pencil first. Then I added the detail with a Sakura Pigma Micron pen. As always when I'm painting or drawing, I lost track of time, so I'm not sure how long exactly it took me to draw this. About an hour I think, maybe more. But it was worth it. The idea was to sketch first, then add watercolour, but I like the sketch so much that I'm afraid to touch it. I'll soon let you know how I resolve that dilemma!



No comments:

Post a Comment