Tuesday, June 18, 2024

St Audoen's church

It's funny that I keep thinking I'm not very creative these days, that my mind is on other things than my art. And yet, every day, I find the time to do something to keep my connected to my creative journey! And with each day, I explore who I am as an artist. No, I do not paint postcard pictures. Sometimes what I sketch or paint can hardly be identified. But for me, each of these represents a moment of my life, when I'm feeling 100% alive and excited to be in the world!

These are from an outing with Dublin Sketchers at St Audoen's church, an ancient Anglo-Norman church sitting high above the old city wall. We were invited to sketch there by the kind people at the OPW and we had a wonderful time! I was really only interested in the colour and texture of the stones in these ancient walls. So that's what I painted. Plus a sketcher or two!




No comments:

Post a Comment