Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Sketching in the Olivier Cornet Gallery

Back in Dublin on the Friday evening. Back sketching with the tribe on the Sunday. I seem to be able to settle quicker than I used to after travel. Or maybe I'm less demanding of myself! Or I'm travelling so much that I keep my basic travel supplies always at the ready?

Olivier from the Olivier Cornet Gallery kindly invited us to sketch at the gallery. It was very interesting to look at the pieces on display at the current exhibition, but also in other parts of the building. I sketched in the entrance hall, with its intriguing straw hat on a cement mold! And then I went to the kitchen, where it looks like every tennant has their own washing-up liquid! And yes, I forgot to draw the sink. Well, actually, I didn't notice the sink at all. I was just interested in the juxtaposition of elements inside and outside the window.




No comments:

Post a Comment