Tuesday, September 27, 2022

National Museum, archeology

What does everybody in Dublin do on a wet Sunday? Go to the archeology museum, apparently.  The museum was packed. Still a lot of tourists about, trying to stay dry. 

I found a good spot at the entrance to the Vikings room, at the top of the steps. I was even able to place my sketchbook on the balustrade and stand comfortably. After a while, my eyes got tired in the dark room, however, and I then headed to the café for our meetup. I wasn't the only one there early. 


Lots of interesting objects in the Viking room. I  focused on the weapons, as they were right in front of me, but there's also plenty of home objects and jewels too.



I didn't use my watercolours that day. It just wasn't practical in the museum, and then the café got so packed with sketchers (I counted 25 - why do we never think of taking a photo of the group?) that I had no room to open my palette!



No comments:

Post a Comment