Thursday, September 15, 2022

College Green

College Green is a busy place. Noisy. Full of people. Buses. And I chose to sit on the traffic island right in the middle of the action! It was exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. Or maybe it was the traffic fumes? And I got a bit chilly after a while sitting in the shade. I was dressed for summer, but summer seems to have slipped away, all of a sudden.

So the stars of my sketch are the buses flying by with every light sequence, which was very helpful in terms of giving me time to observe a little before they were gone in a flash. On the right, a glimpse of the bank, which used to house the Irish parliament (I'm not sure if that was before or after independence, before I think?). On the left, the old Ulster Bank, and the red blob behind it is the H&M sign in the building a little further on. I chose to remove the ugly Ulster Bank building, designed at a time when ugly seemed to be the new black!


After warming myself up with a hot chocolate at Keogh's CafĂ©, I joined the others outdoors. As I had my back to the street, I sketched the sketchers. There was a great energy at the table. It was a very enjoyable half hour! I added colour at home. Interesting that I did the first sketch with paint first, pen second, and the opposite for my second sketch. 




I forgot to take photos on location.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment