Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Iveagh Gardens

It's a long time since we've had rain on a Sunday afternoon. Not that it rained much, but deploying a small umbrella when you're in the middle of painting watercolours in a sketchbook is not easy. We've had a dry summer, so I got out of the habit. 



Then I moved under a big tree, just to be on the safe side, and there was a second brief shower. Glad I was able to finish my sketch. And glad I remembered to use the tree trunk to frame my sketch, inspired by Virginia Hein and Gail Wong's book


These didn't work out as I had hoped. I painted blobs of watercolour when I arrived in the park, and the plan was to sketch people above these blobs, but there were not many people going by, and those that did were gone in an instant. So I finished this at the café, using people at a bus stop across the road (too far) and fellow sketchers in the café (a little too close for comfort!). This was inspired by Lis Watkins, who managed to give her people a lot more character than I did! Still, it makes for a colourful page!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment