Friday, September 16, 2022

Grey everything, somewhere in West Cork

It's not really grey, but the colours are a lot more subdued than my usual style. I used mostly Cobalt Blue, Permanent Alizarin Crimson and Monte Amiata Natural Sienna. A touch of Cobalt Turquoise and Hansa Yellow Medium to brighten things up. And Burnt Umber and Neutral Tint for the rocks. This time I did manage to keep a good bit of pure white. I did add some gouache for extra highlights.

I can't remember exactly where this is. Somewhere in West Cork. The sea was very dynamic, but as it was a wide bay, the crashing waves were not massive. Yet, there was a narrow area with rocks on both sides, and the water was rushing in. I was taking lots of photos and videos (none of them great) and I had to keep an eye on the water coming up, making sure I didn't get my feet wet.


This is a work in progress shot, with the photo I was working from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment