Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Clontarf - those clouds

An afternoon in Clontarf. It's a half hour drive across on a Sunday, but it was worth it for the view of the clouds across the water. It was a pleasant day, with plenty of sunshine, and a strong wind. So it was a race against time to capture those clouds before paint dried! The minute I sat down, I got into the zone and painted non-stop, feeling so energised about being in the fresh air and observing the constantly-changing light and tide coming in. I had two sketchbooks, because normally it takes forever for paint to dry, but I could have got away with just the one this time.
It was fun. And then we went to the pub and chatted and looked through everybody's sketchbooks. And I felt alive. I was exhausted afterwards. But that was probably more to do with the drive home. I got lost a few times and ended up driving closer to Sheriff street than I would want to.

 

For this one, I should have used a bigger brush. And my water was dirty!



Here, I just drew the clouds on location. I added colour at home. I think you can see the difference in energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment