Sunday, October 02, 2022

Tea and food

I discovered a new hotel right in the centre of Dublin.. The Wren it's called, right at the back of Trinity Street. It looks nice on the website, although the rooms look tiny. It's described as an eco-friendly hotel, and apparently is carbon-neutral.

Anyways, I wanted to play with watercolours, so I got myself a cup of green tea and toast, and spent a bit of time painting what was in front of my eyes, except the toast, which had to be eaten before it got cold. Their interpretation of green tea was "mango hemp green tea". Not good. A shame, though, as I enjoyed the setting and the vibe. And the friendliness of the staff.


This sketch was done for Sketching Now Watercolour on Location, one of Liz Steel's courses, which she is re-running at the moment. I participated 3 years ago when the course was originally run. Looking at my sketch from then, I think I did quite well then. And I'm not sure I can do much better now. It will be interesting to compare week after week.


A lady across the way was really interested in what I was doing and was kind enough to send me the photos she took. It's always lovely to have a photograph, as I often forget to take pictures of my sketches on location. I know it's an urban sketchers thing, but I don't feel the need to prove that I sketched on location and I'm not good at holding my A4 landscape sketchbook at arm's length while taking a photo of it and the scene I'm sketching at the same time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment