Thursday, October 20, 2022

Culture Night

This feels like so long ago. I think Culture Night is in September, and now we're well into October, and I don't know where time went. Well, I know, two weeks of doing nothing because of Covid, then a week in Belgium, with so little time for sketching that I'm not sure I can draw and paint anymore. You know the way it is the moment you stop drawing! 

So I went into town and got a bite to eat in Carluccio's - a wonderful mushroom soup and service with a smile, despite the fact they were super busy and I hadn't booked. I got a table outside. It was still very mild, if a little damp. I warmed up (in the sketching sense) by drawing people hanging out on the footpath across the way. Nothing much, and I need to seriously revisit my approach for sketching people, but when I'm looking at them now, I actually remember exactly how some of these people looked. So it's not so bad.


Then I joined my fellow sketchers inside the Museum Building in Trinity College, where the Culture Night vibe was quite dead, but we didn't care. We just got absorbed in sketching the beautiful architecture of this magical place. Not my most amazing sketch, but it does give a sense of the arches receding into the the distance, so I'm happy that I did it.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment