Thursday, October 06, 2022

Botanic Gardens

The Botanic Gardens on a warm Sunday in September. The sun is bringing out all these shades of green. They're not quite ready to go gold yet, nor to shed their leaves.

I do perceive the world differently from neurotypicals, there's no doubt about it. This is what a visit to the botanic gardens looks like to me. I ignore people and the sculptures that fascinate most of these people. I get overwhelmed. I want to paint it all, in its glorious hues. But I see a lot of bouncing light, and I struggle to see the darks. And my perception is definitely fragmented. I never see the "full picture". Instead, I get engrossed in details, shapes and colours.

It is what it is, and looking at my sketches compared to what others have sketched enabled me to really think about who I am and how I perceive the world. And accept myself as I am.

 





And then we met at the pub, and again, I'm jumping around, not caring about accuracy or proportions. I just want to channel the energy that's coursing through me, before I'm exhausted and in need of time on my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment