Friday, October 07, 2022

People walking by

This is still a few weeks ago.  All these drawings are from before I caught Covid. And up to today, every post had been written before Covid too. 
And today, I am staring at my screen, and wondering what I want to say about these sketches. It's like someone else drew them, a different person, someone who marvelled at the word, who saw beauty and joy in everything, who had boundless energy and positivity.
I feel I'm living in a different world now. One where I don't have as much energy, not as much enthusiasm. My Covid wasn't bad. I'm fully vaccinated, so my symptoms were not major - tiredness, fever, sore throat. But I'm now nearly 2 weeks since my first symptom, and I still feel exhausted. I force myself to go for walks, get the sun on my face. I try to get back into a routine. Some days, I feel I'm nearly there. And other days, I just want to crawl back into bed and close my eyes. 

But anyways, I'll just celebrate that day a couple of weeks ago when I sat down and sketched every person that walked by, and felt joy in the act of drawing. It will come back. I hope it comes back soon!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment