Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Soft Soft - mountain in NZ

Starting something new, with quick thumbnails to figure out cropping etc.  The big challenge will be in the soft transitions between warm and cool to give shape to these round mountains somewhere in New Zealand (South Island). I took many photos from the campervan as Brendan was driving, and I'm not sure where this is exactly. Can't believe it's 14 years since we were there.


I drew this pencil thumbnail after painting the four watercolour thumbnails below. Which proves to me that I really need to do more monochrome shape and value thumbnails before I jump in. But I knew that already, didn't I?


When edges are too soft and hard edges are no good either! And first attempt turns out to be the best (of a bad lot!) 
Also, I think I need to change the colour of the trees to make them more harmonious with the overall view.
Lots to mull over!







No comments:

Post a Comment