Saturday, October 01, 2022

Sketching while waiting

Currently in bed with Covid. But I always have a few sketches or paintings I have posted yet! Hopefully I will be back sketching very soon. I might sketch my toes this afternoon!

I had a few minutes before an appointment in Blackrock. So I sat on a bench on the main street and quickly sketched the buildings in front of me. Then this man started chatting to me about the architectural style, was it Huguenot, or Amsterdam? And this house and that house. I kept answering that I didn't know much about architecture, that I just liked drawing. But he kept going, undeterred. That's why it's easier to sketch in a group - you can always say that there's lots of us sketching in the area and why doesn't he go and have a look at the other artists? Thankfully, I had an alarm set for my appointment and that sent him on his way. I finished the sketch later on at home.


This is how far I got on location. Glad I gave it strong bones!



No comments:

Post a Comment