Monday, October 10, 2022

Back at Bluebell

I hadn't been able to go to Bluebell for quite a while, and now it will be weeks again before I can go and sketch the lovely people in the community centre. Between Covid and travel, it's been a struggle to keep normal life going, but I will get there, eventually. 

This is a project that is very close to my heart, sketching every single person who goes to Bluebell for the breakfast and the company. What they do there is simply amazing for everyone in the community and I want to honour it with my sketches. It's just going to take me longer than I had originally anticipated!

I sketch every person on location, from direct observation, with my usual fountain pen. I take a photo of the sketch, and give the original to the sitter. Then I print the photo I have and I add pencil (I can only print on fairly thin paper with the printer I have at present). Then I tape the colour sketch in my book and I add a little note about each person. Some are chattier than others!





Here are the sketches at their earlier stages.










No comments:

Post a Comment