Friday, September 03, 2021

Guinness

I'm losing track of the days and weeks going by. All I know is that our summer (2 good weeks, about a month apart) seems to be over. Yesterday, I had planned on wearing a pretty tunic and a skirt, but reverted to my jeans, a jumper and my warm pink jacket. 

This sketch is from a couple of weeks ago - the location was the Collins Barracks, a really intimidating building when like me you can't draw straight lines. So I turned my back to it and looked across the river to the Guinness Brewery, with all its interesting shapes, pipes and containers and all sorts of things I don't know the name of, which somehow makes it easier to sketch them.

There's a crazy mix of old and new when you look across. And I would happily give up my soul for permission to go sketch inside! So if anybody knows somebody, let me know!!

I did this one in direct watercolour, with a tiny bit of fountain pen added on top.


For my second sketch, I moved further back and up the hill, near the Asgard museum (I must go in there next time - it looks amazing!). So I had a view with less detail, but more context.
And when I got home, I carved an eraser to experiment as a tool for making Georgian windows. Could be useful!



And here are the Urban Sketchers shots: 





No comments:

Post a Comment