Friday, September 10, 2021

From Matt Talbot to Butt

Continuing with our exploration along the Liffey, starting at Matt Talbot bridge, with the Customs House in the background. I even managed to include a glimpse of the Loopline bridge on the left. 
And I played with the Rhythm is a Dancer concept I learned with Uma Kelkar in Amsterdam, skipping details and emphasising others. With so many windows the same, the Customs House was the perfect opportunity for this idea!


 
A lady stopped at a bench nearby. Maybe she was cold? Or just contemplative? Loopline bridge in the background.

Onto Butt bridge. Actually I think I was between two bridges, but the view across the way called out to me. The tower of Connolly station, looking so small between the IFSC (on the right) and Busáras (on the left).



The sun was in and out. It was actually quite cold to start with. But I loved the light dancing on the water. With no watercolours, it was hard to capture it. Here is my attempt!


Finished my last sketch between Butt Bridge and Rosie Hackett Bridge, looking towards Liberty Hall. Loved all the interlocking shapes!


A few more sketches done on the way - a young seagull was sticking close, until he realised I had no food to give him! I could say that's why he's a bit unfinished, but the truth is I started too far to the left and had no room for his legs either!


A fabulous matcha latte in As One, a lovely café tucked away between a law firm and an old church. We stayed there for a while, chatting and warming up! Really nice place. I went back there a second time with Brendan and had brunch!


I even had time for a second sketch there! Enjoyable and productive sketching session!




No comments:

Post a Comment