Thursday, September 16, 2021

Big Bang Festival of Rhythm

The location for Dublin Sketchers was the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, home to the Irish Museum of Modern Art. But when I got there, I could hear drumming in the distance. And I had to go and explore. At the very end of the avenue, there was an outdoor tent and drummers were rehearsing with a dancer for the last day of the Big Bang Festival or Rhythm . I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but I wasn't going to miss it! There was cameras set up, a big computer, and lots of drums! I got a bit worried about audience participation and moved to the side, which was great spot, as they started with a dance lesson. The tent filled up with enthusiastic dancers. And I kept on sketching!






I could have stayed longer and sketched some more, but I decided to go back towards the main building, which is beautiful by the way, but really hard to draw! And then it was time for our throwdown and chat with everyone!














No comments:

Post a Comment