Wednesday, September 01, 2021

But our dreams and the golden grain

I am so sad that Nanci Griffith has died. She was one of our shining lights. So don't be surprised if I start using her song lyrics for my next few paintings.

We saw her in Dublin on one of our first dates, at the Stadium, and then again some years later at the Helix, and the National Concert Hall, and probably at the Olympia too. She was so wonderful on stage!

I wanted to share a video I love here, but the owners of the video won't allow embedding, so you'll have to click this link and watch it on YouTube instead. It's Maura O'Connell singing Trouble in the Fields with Nanci Griffith accompanying her on guitar and vocals. The quality of the video isn't good, but it still brings me joy every time.

Here is a quarter sheet version of the same idea I have been exploring. I like it a lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment