Friday, September 17, 2021

Bridges of Dublin - From Rosie to Millenium

It's interesting this time, working our way back from the sea, on the South quays, it's like I notice different things, but also similar themes. Here, O'Connell Bridge, seen from Rosie Hackett Bridge, and what I want to show is the busy life, the buses, the people, the colours, the noise. I didn't have the right yellow for the busses, but I added colour anyway. And in case you're wondering what the red zigzag is, it's a big bright neon sign on the side of the building. All of that in contrast to the beauty of the old houses above street level.


And you can't look West on the Liffey without seeing all these cranes. Are they at James's Hospital, I wonder, where the new children's hospital is being built. It sure is a big project, with costs going up by the minute. But what wasn't so obvious to me, is the number of trees on the North side of the Liffey, from O'Connell bridge.


This was actually my first sketch of the day, again from Rosie Hackett Bridge, looking at the mix of old and not so old. And trees.


On my way from O'Connell bridge towards the Ha'penny bridge. I just found the lovely red-brick terrace more interesting. I added the yellow storefront after I got home. I didn't have a yellow marker with me.


Lunch break outside at the back of the IFI. Louise, Róisín and Pat. Sorry, Pat!

Quick sketch of Ha'penny bridge. Again, the number of trees on the north quays is what struck me. And did you know that when it was first built, there was a toll to cross the bridge, hence the name!!


A hack job I did with this sketch of the Millenium bridge. I had to rush to get home!


And my urban sketcher photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment