Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Travel sketching

I normally do a lot of sketching when I'm travelling, but this time, I was too tired and really not in the frame of mind to sketch at every opportunity. Plus it was so cold that I couldn't sketch outdoors, even for a few minutes. I had forgotten how miserable Belgian winters are, particularly when the fog won't lift for three days! And on the way back, I didn't have that much time, and Brussels airport was very busy, so no Smurf airplane this time!!

Girl reading a book at the airport cafe. In graphite with a wash of watercolour on top.

Dublin airport. My flight was boarding from the very end of the terminal. A long walk! I was really interested in the pattern of beams on the ceiling. Didn't have time to add more detail!

I did get to do a quick sketch from my hotel room, looking out over the station and the major project that's underway - they're building a new bus terminal on top of the station, hence the big crane on top of the roof. They seem to be working day and night to get this completed as soon as possible. It will be interesting to see how it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment