Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Beara - this is not the end

Ok, I did manage to lift the sky again, and make that line less stark. The blue mountains kind of blend into the sky. Well, they disappear, more like. Not quite the effect I was after, but still not bad, as a first attempt at the larger size (380x550mm). 

So, what do I like about this painting?
  • The hedge at the front - by adding a glaze of a slightly darker colour on the right, I managed to make it look three-dimensional. I think it was phthalo turquoise
  • The tree on the left
  • The little trees at the end of the road - in my mind, they are the focal point - the fact that I used really dark pigments works towards that goal!
  • The fields hit by the light, looking golden
  • The soft hedges in the middle distance
  • The fencing, which I managed to keep soft and loose so it doesn't act like an eye-magnet, but still pulls the eye towards the little dark trees at the end of the road

So that's not a bad start!!


No comments:

Post a Comment