Monday, February 24, 2020

Beara

I like everything about this painting, except the sky. It went too dark, so I lifted it, but one of the pigments was staining (PV19? I didn't think it was a staining pigment). And I did another layer, but it's like there is this big line separating the blue mountains from the sky. It's not so obvious with the green mountains.
But I did paint it big, 380x550mm, roughly Half Imperial, so that's part of the challenge! The paper is pretty strong, so I'll see if I can lift that sky again!!


Here is the kind of effect I would like for my skies, but what works in a sketchbook doesn't seem to work so well on the larger size. I will need to practise more!


But I have found a nice mix for trees: Perylene Green, Bloodstone Genuine and Hansa Yellow Medium! Something to celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment