Monday, February 24, 2020

Indigo, Bloodstone Genuine, Burnt Sienna and white gouache

I'm very much in an exploration phase. No finished paintings, but getting re-acquainted with how to handle watercolours. Playing with pigments. Testing papers. 

This one is Indigo, Bloodstone Genuine and Burnt Sienna, with white gouache dropped in the middle. I'm not sure the gouache added much to be honest. Maybe I should have been bolder and added more of it!



My first attempt was on Two Rivers paper, super rough. Well I don't know what they call it, but it's got a very strong texture and I'm not quite sure how to use it. I think I should load my brush with a lot more pigment to get the most out of it. It absorbs the paint quite a bit, so the result can be a lot paler than intended!


No comments:

Post a Comment