Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Image resists with Gelli plate

When painting isn't going well, or when I don't have enough time, I always go back to monoprinting! So I've continued to explore the image resist technique from the Gelli Arts blog. This time, I've gone for a larger format (the American equivalent to A4, slightly smaller than A4, what's it called again?), and it was quite hard to do. I found that if I pressed too much when applying the magazine onto the inked plate, the image didn't transfer at all, so it's a matter of a light touch for that stage of the process. Also, I found that some magazines I had didn't work at all. What worked best for me were old Boden catalogues. I don't receive them anymore. Just as well I kept some of my favourite pages!! I wonder if they still do them or have they gone completely digital? So if anyone out there still has their old Boden catalogues, send them to me!!







2 comments: