Friday, September 14, 2018

Stoneybatter

We wanted to fit a second sketch in before meeting the others in the pub, so we (almost) ran to one of the typical little streets around Stoneybatter, with terraced houses disappearing into the distance. Apparently this is the area that the Vikings settled in after the Normans kicked them out from the other side of the Liffey. I love the street names around here, Olaf, Sitric, Sigur, Ostman, Harold, ...


Now this sketch was frantic. I started on the left. Made a few mistakes that I managed to cover up. By the time I was drawing the chimneys, I only had a few minutes left. Let's not mention the car in front of the house on the right. We'll just say it was on a jack because someone was changing the tyre. How's that? It was so much fun, though. If all my sketches were so quick and full of energy, I would be a happy girl!
Thank you Emma for a great afternoon. I hadn't had this much fun sketching since Porto!

No comments:

Post a Comment